IGAD Centre of Excellence for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE)
The IGAD Centre of Excellence for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE) was established to promote regional sharing of good practices and lessons learnt in preventing and countering violent extremism initiatives and to bring together actors involved in preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) work in the region to ensure an inclusive and holistic approach. Complementing the work of IGAD, ICEPCVE collaborates with partners to strengthen the capacity of communities at risk of radicalization.
- An established and fully functioning P/CVE Centre of Excellence contributing to a significant reduction in violent extremism across the region.
- To bring together State and non-State actors involved in preventing and countering violent extremism to develop and implement coherent strategies to build resilience against violent extremism in the Horn and Eastern Africa.
- And to strengthen coordination, cooperation and collaboration between IGAD member States, Tanzania and non-State actors involved in P/CVE. Crucially this will include harnessing the grassroots knowledge of local communities and involving them as active participants.
- To Facilitate the building of partnerships between governments, NGOs and sub-national actors;
- Capture the numerous locally-led efforts to build resilience against violent extremism across the region;
- Provide technical assistance to national governments;
- Deliver P/CVE training and other activities by partner organizations to develop broader expertise and practice.
- Map the current research being undertaken in the region, conduct research gap analysis and commission research based on the findings.
Research and Innovation
Catalyzing more research to gain a deeper understanding of the localized drivers of violent extremism, and developing new ways to effectively counter it.
Focusing on building the capacity of credible, local partners and potential partners to develop and disseminate their own counter-messages and alternative narratives, or to amplify existing ones.
Civil Societies and Community Outreach
Convening and Connectivity-providing a dedicated platform to facilitate focused discussion and collaboration and coordination among national and local actors, civil society, researchers and community leaders involved in PVE/CVE.
Training and Learning/Capacity Building
Providing training and practical tools to enhance the capacities of government and non-governmental stakeholders to design and implement effective programs and policies to counter violent extremism.
- John Doe
- Ann Other
- Some One